Jul 18, 2006

We're going to the zoo, yep, yep, yep.

This past weekend, Evie and Alex had their first zoo experience. The four of us drove up to the Toledo Zoo (don't ask me why we drove 2 1/2 hours instead of just an hour, we love our car I guess!) and spent the afternoon with the animals. Unfortunately for us (and for the poor animals), it was extremely hot (at least in the mid-90s). Evie was still thrilled to see all the animals although not many were ones that she could name (No cows! No sheep! We did see ducks though). Alex was...well, he was just Alex. We still haven't gotten much beyond the eat/sleep/poop stage, but now he sits up better! And he smiles when he sees me (OK, he smiles at his dad too. And just about anyone else who will talk to him)! Below are the pictures. I didn't get too many of the kids since I was focused on getting pictures of animals for a book I'm making for Evie.





Look, it's a...what is that?Serious faceHappy baby!



Finding the sealsIt's a polar bear!Cool bird



Mommy & AlexAnother happy babyTired Evie


One minute in the carTwo minutes in the car

No comments: