We made it home from Washington just fine at the end of August. I'd post pictures, but they really look the same as the pictures going out there. September was not that exciting. We didn't do anything really fun and there are no pictures so nothing to report there. Move along.
October has been a fun month! Vince and I flew back to Washington for a wedding and a quick visit. Traveling on my own with a baby is an experience I'd rather not repeat, but it went better than I hoped. There were plenty of very friendly and helpful people on our trip!
And now for the pictures! First there is Halloween. Evie decided to be a princess which was no big surprise. Alex has taken a liking to Superman and Batman (don't ask me why since he's only seen 1 Superman movie and no Batman movies as far as I can tell). He decided to be Superman for Halloween. Yay for easy to find costumes since I'm not quite ready to sew them yet! Vince had no choice in the matter. He was a Bumblebee Winnie the Pooh.
Next, beginning of November, we went through a corn maze. That was a load of fun! What a way to burn off some kid energy! Evie and Alex had a great time trying to find all the pieces to the map puzzle plus telling Mommy and Daddy which way to go. Vince, once again, was just along for the ride. But he had a great time too!
And finally, I'm going to show off some projects I've started. Since being at home full time, I've taken up quite a few hobbies. First up is sewing. I started a dress that I will probably finish in the next day or two since I finally figured out how to do the binding.
Since sewing is somewhat related to quilting, I've also taken up that hobby. I've practiced quilting some very, very small samples just to have an idea of how to do it on my machine, but I've finally started my first full project. I've sewed some squares together, and now I'm just trying to decide what to do with them. Leave them as shown or add some of one of the fabric seen on the sides? Decisions, decisions...
And these two projects would not be possible without the wonderful sewing table built especially for me by my wonderful husband. It also would not be possible without his infinite patience at my taking over the second half of our bedroom as my sewing room/office.
Yes, it is a little messy, and I'm even showing you the neat part!
I've also taken up knitting. I've practiced the basic stitches and have started my first actual project: slippers for me and Evie. Here is just the toe part that I finally figured out how to shape.
I also have a couple of crochet projects going but those might be Christmas gifts so I can't divulge those secrets just yet...
Lastly, I've also taken up digital photography and digital scrapbooking. I haven't gotten far with the photography part (I'm still using the point and click feature on my nice camera) but I've really gotten into the scrapbooking part.


Not my best work, but I'm saving most of them for Christmas projects.
And that's all there is from this house. I'll try to keep this page updated more often. Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment