Nov 10, 2006

Family Update Nov. 2006

Well, it's been a long time since I've updated this website. Here goes!

Evie is now 21 months old. Only 2 1/2 months until she's a big 2 year old. I think she's already hit the terribles twos though. She's in the "mine" stage. Everything is hers. If she played with it, it's hers. If she thought about playing with it, it's hers. If she might play with it anytime in the future, it's hers. This makes for some fun times in the nursery at the local YMCA. It gets a little tiring saying "Share, Evie!", but I'm getting used to it. She's not as terrible as I make her sound. She's developing more of her personality every day, and is constantly adding new words to her vocabulary. It's getting to the point where we have to watch what we say. Her current favorite thing is to say "OK" or "Yes" after whatever I ask her to do, but she doesn't always actually do anything. I must boast that she is also rapidly learning manners. She says "Please" and "Thank you" (with lots of reminders) and has even said "I'm sorry" a few times without prompting.

Alex is 7 months old. We haven't hit crawling yet, but he's getting there. His favorite mode of transportation is to throw himself forward toward his goal. He rolls both ways now, and we really have to watch what he does on all high surfaces. He's almost launched himself off his changing table a few times. He's beginning to talk more, and I think I almost have him saying "Mom" (or maybe this is just wishful thinking). He's smiles at the drop of a hat and everything not nailed down (and maybe a few things that are) go right into his mouth.

Steve and I are doing well. Steve's been busy at work with all his projects there, plus he has a number of projects going on around the house. He'll be starting up fencing lessons in Jan. as a way to get out of the house and have an activity all his own. I'm currently working at the local YMCA as a nursery attendant. I only work 1 1/2 hours a day, 4 days a week and the kids get to come with me. While I don't make much money, there are many other benefits. I still play with the Sinclair handbell choir, and we have 2 concerts coming up. Alicia even talked me into playing bells with her and another lady at a downtown cafe coming up next month. That should be interesting.

And now, I'll get to the fun part: pictures! I have a bunch since I haven't updated in a while. I'm not sure where to begin.


















Super days to all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know most of those pictures where took here in little old covington washington