Nov 2, 2007

Finally, more posts and pictures!

Yes, I know, it's been a while. But I do have pictures! See slideshow below, and click on it to see a bigger version. Sorry some are hazy. Me thinks someone was putting their smudgy fingerprints on the lens.

Much has happened in this crazy household. The last post was from July when we had just adopted a new puppy. Well, raising two toddlers and being pregnant with a third baby got the better of me. We decided to give her back to the rescue group in hopes that she would get in a home where she could run and play with a family that had more time and space than we did. She was adopted within a week, and is now living on a farm with a 5 yr. old boy and his family just north of here.

Speaking of pregnancy, we found out last month we are having our second boy. Just as Alex is growing into a sort of Spiderman role (he spends more time climbing than with his feet on the ground), I find out I'll be dealing with the same thing in about a year and a half! Or maybe not. Maybe this next one will like to be planted to the ground. Or maybe he'll just run really fast. Should be interesting. As far as names go, we can't make up our mind. Steve and I can agree on any girl's name, but boy's names are harder to come by. Poor thing is going to be "Baby Boy" when he's born!

We're getting ready to have a big preschooler around here! In just 2 1/2 months, Evie will be 3. Brag time for mom: She already knows all her letters by sight, can sound out a few (namely T, S and sometimes B or P), spells her name out loud, and can recognize her name, Alex, Mommy and Daddy's names when written. Of course, this just spurs me on to continue working on sounds, which means that Alex is getting all this info by default. Any letter he sees is called "eeeeeee" and sounds like a letter T. But that is better than nothing. We are currently working on colors with him. Next up is shapes.

Our biggest news is all about Steve. He has finally completed his requirements for his Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Yay!! Now we are just waiting for paperwork to be completed and for the correct quarter (we applied for graduation too late this quarter), then we'll have the diploma in hand!

Now that I have an easier way to get pictures online and onto this blog, I will hopefully post more often.

Super days to all!


No comments: