It's taken a while, but Steve finally managed to get new pictures off our new camera and onto a computer in our house that was shared with my laptop. Unfortunately, my laptop is going kablooey just as I'm wanting to use it more for pictures and video. Which means it take quite a while to update the website with new photos.
Some of these photos require some explanation. I took a series of photos of Alex climbing the cat tree. This was a common occurrence until I put the cat tree on its side. The kids love it because they can climb on it all they want now. The cats are not so happy.
There are a bunch of snow pictures in our backyard. It had snowed the day before, iced all night, then snowed again in the morning. Evie loved stomping in the snow and breaking it into different shapes. The kids also got to ride the sled we've been saving for them.
There are two of Alex in his crib with a bunch of toys. The older two kids share a room now, which means that instead of going right to sleep when put to bed, they play and talk and mess around for a few hours after bedtime. We figured that as long as they stayed in their rooms, we didn't have a problem with this. A few nights ago, Evie decided her room was too messy and had to clean it up. Right into Alex's crib. It took Steve and I everything we had to not laugh (since it's something we didn't want repeated). Both of us would alternate cleaning out the crib while lecturing Evie and stepping out of the room to crack up. All the toys have now been moved out of the bedroom until we come up with a new plan.
Lastly comes the pictures of us at Hocking Hills State Park. Since last Sunday was over 60 degrees and sunny, we thought it would be good day to take a short hike. Hocking Hills is about 2 hours away just southeast of Columbus. We got there in the early afternoon thinking that the trails would probably be muddy, but hopefully not snowy. We were wrong on both counts. The trails were actually very icy. And they have lots of stairs and bridges. I think if it had been just Steve and I, we probably could have made it. It's a little more difficult keeping 3 kids and us upright. Instead we went to the campground and walked on a completely flat, non-icy (just snowy) and paved "exploration" trail. Silly us, we didn't put snow pants on the kids, and both decided it would be fun to make snow angels. I did think ahead enough to bring extra clothes for everyone.
Hopefully, once I work out my computer problems, I will have video up.
Super days to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment